Softphone for Symbian:
- Our Mobile softphone for Symbian is a SIP software client for Symbian based mobile phones
- The softphone supports following Codecs: G729, G711, iLBC and ARM
- Internet connection through WIFI, 3G, EDGE
- The application also supports VoIP tunnel technology and can work from blocked areas or from behind firewalls for both incoming and outgoing calls
- Offered to VoIP providers as a branded version in a form that is ready to be uploaded to the Ovi Store or to provider’s website.
- Branding includes provider’s logo, name and other changes in the dialer’s design and the set of the available features.
VoipSwitch is a member of the Symbian Foundation
- Making and receiving SIP calls
- Internet connection over WIFI, 3G or EDGE
- Making and receiving SIP calls from behind any VoIP blockades/firewalls
- Native address book from the mobile phone
- Redial button
- Call status
- Last calls log
- Summary window showing last call cost and duration
- Balance information
- Call transfer
- Audio control
- Sending and receiving SMS (over SIP)
- Instant messaging over XMPP, chat and presence
- “Call thru” and “Callback” functionality, more
- Digits Interception (Dialer pops up once dialing from the phone’s “Dial pad” or choosing a number from the phone’s “Contact list”)
Each softphone is digitally signed and certified by Symbian/Nokia consortium. The certificate is required per each copy, for example if a provider changes IP address then the installation file will have to be certified again. Therefore recommended is to use DNS names which remain the same even when the IP of server is changed.
The softphone received the TMC LAB Innovation Award of 2009.
Generic version of our Symbian dialer allows users to enter the SIP server credentials.
Please visit our retail shop in order to purchase the application